Ten Things To Love About Springtime.
1, The days are longer. No more eating dinner in the dark.
2. The days get warmer.
3. We can shed our winter clothes.
4. Birds are transitioning, as observed by who is visiting our feeder.
5. Spring flowers bloom and grass turns green adding color to gardens and yards.
6. Basketball players gather at the hoop in the park, a hoop that saw no activity during the winter months.
7. The sound of lawnmowers cutting the grass replaces the sound of plows making roads passable.
8. People on the street stop to talk rather than give a quick wave on their way to warmer surroundings.
9. Music can be heard from passing cars whose windows are open letting in the warm spring air.
10. The sunshine is bright and welcoming.
Just because, let’s add one more thing you gotta love about springtime.
11. April snow.
In keeping with my goal to write a poem every Tuesday during the month of April here is my offering for this week. I thought I would go with a sijo.
Sunshine Looking out the window I am greeted by bright yellow sunshine The sight of it warms my heart and brings a big smile to my face. Wait, it’s not the sun but the blooming forsythia in the yard.