SOLSC Day 4
We are four days into March and I am sitting here thinking about the month. I like March. Why? I thought I would make a list of why I like the month. You will notice that March Madness is not included in the list. Here are the top seven reasons I like March. Kind of an odd number for a list, but, oh well!
- March brings Spring. Even though the weather can still be cold and even though we have had some major snowstorms in March, Spring is coming. Knowing this I can cope with the weather.
- March brings the opening of Rita’s Italian Ice. I look forward to their free ice or $1.00 Gelati (my favorite) on the first day of Spring. Based on the crowd when I go I am not the only one waiting for this.
- Of course this list wouldn’t be complete without including the SOLSC. Even though each year I think of not participating, when the time comes I do. I can’t help myself. I would feel like something was missing if I wasn’t a part of this wonderful experience and community. I know I am not the only one.
- On a much more personal note, in March I remember and am extremely grateful to the doctors, nurses, and hospital staff that got me through my bypass surgery two years ago. I wouldn’t be writing this if it weren’t for them.
- Every year in March there is a major quilt show in Lancaster that Kathy and I go to. This happens toward the end of the month. Why do I like this? Well, around this time of the month I am struggling for topics to write about. The quilt show is good for at least three days of posts getting me over the slump and rejuvenating me so that I can finish the Challenge.
- This might sound strange, but I also like March because we change the clocks. It’s not that I enjoy losing and hour of sleep, but I do like the fact that it is no longer dark at 5:00. Psychologically, I just feel like doing more if it is lighter longer.
- Usually by the end of March I can put away the heavy bulky winter coat and wear one that doesn’t make me look like the Michelin Man.
So, are there any things you like about March?