2017 is over and a new year is beginning. Like many people, I have made resolutions in past years that I never end up keeping. I could do the same this year. Fro example, I could resolve to go to the gym more often. However, since the closest gym is a 30 minute ride from home I don’t see that happening.
I could resolve to quit smoking. However, I don’t smoke. What resolutions can I make that I know I will have a better chance of keeping? After some soul searching and hard thought I have come up with a list of 10 things I know I can do. I know that 10 seems a bit ambitious, but I plan to aim big.
So here goes. Here are my 10 resolutions for 2018 in no particular order. I resolve to…
- Tell Kathy I love her at least once a day.
- Pet any cat that decides to curl up for a nap on my lap.
- Take Kathy out for lunch or dinner at least once a week.
- Have lunch with former co-workers once a month just to keep in touch.
- Take in at least 2 Broadway plays this summer.
- Enjoy a glass of wine with dinner on special occasions (birthdays, anniversary…)
- Cook dinner at least once a week.
- Not feel guilty about eating a slice of cake if there is some in the house.
- Smile at people in passing.
- Be a better person today than I was yesterday.
With these resolutions I think I will have a pretty good success rate of keeping them. Wishing all of you a healthy and Happy 2018.