As 2016 draws to an end I am sitting here thinking about what my last post of the year should be. Should I write about all I am thankful for in 2016? No. I did that for Thanksgiving. No need to repeat.
Should I write about things I have done and places I have visited? No. Did that throughout the year.
Maybe I should write about my resolutions for the new year. Nah. I wouldn’t keep them anyway.
I guess the truth is I am still in lazy mode and don’t feel like writing anything at all. So, instead I will just share some things I found on the internet while browsing one day. After all, what else is a retired old guy to do? I found these under the heading “Ramblings of a Retired Mind”. Hope you enjoy them.
- I thought about making a fitness movie for folks my age and calling it “Pumping Rust.”
- When people see a cat’s litter box they always say, “Oh, have you got a cat?” Just once I want to say, “No, it’s for company.”
- Employment application blanks always ask who is to be called in case of an emergency. I think you should write, “An ambulance.”
- Did you ever notice that the Roman Numerals for forty )40) are XL?
- The sole purpose of a child’s middle name is so he can tell when he’s really in trouble.
- Did you ever notice: When you put the two words ‘The” and ‘IRS’ together it spells ‘Theirs’?
- You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
- Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
- I was thinking about old age and decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball, but you are just too tired to bounce it.
- May you always have Love to Share, Cash to Spare, and Friends who Care.
Wishing everyone an Happy and Healthy 2017!