March 2016 Challenge, Day 2
Last week I mentioned the chest problems I was having and promised to post an update. Well, here it is.
On Thursday I had an appointment at West Reading Cardiology Associates with Dr. Olivera Gojkovic. After reviewing the information that my family doctor, Dr. Hafiz, sent down, examining me, and talking with me she told me I would need a cardiac catheterization. This did not come as a surprise.
Chances are good that I will need a stent. Dr. Hafiz did notice a problem with my left ventricle. It wasn’t supplying enough oxygen when called for during exercise. Just another case of supply not meeting the demand.
Anyway, a date was set up for the procedure. The earliest they have an opening is this Friday. I must report to the hospital by 6:30 A.M. This would not usually be a problem even though it is an hour and fifteen minute drive,
However, listening to the weather forecast they are calling for chance of snow Thursday into Friday, one to three inches. To be at the hospital for 6:30 would mean leaving the house at 5:00 which would mean getting up at 4:00. Even when I was working I didn’t get up until 4:30.
We will watch the weather during the week to see if things change. We just might end up going to Reading Thursday and spending the night. Kathy would probably spend Friday night as well. Don’t know how our beasties will like being alone two nights in a row.
Anyway, if things go well I will be discharged on Saturday. Chances and pretty good that I probably will not post or do any commenting on those two days. Hopefully I will be back to the challenge on Sunday.
In the meantime, I still have a post for tomorrow.