Last week I posted some things that really made me feel old when I read them and actually remembered them. Today’s list fits more into the category of do you remember when? as opposed to do you remember these things? So here goes.
Do you remember a time when…
- Decisions were made by going “eeny-meeny-miney-moe”?
- Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, “Do Over!”
- Catching fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening?
- It wasn’t odd to have two or three best friends?
- The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was “cooties”?
- Having a weapon in school meant being caught with a sling shot?
- Saturday morning cartoons weren’t 30-minute commercials for action figures?
- “Oly-oly-oxen-free” made perfect sense?
- Spinning around getting dizzy, and falling down was cause for giggles?
- The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team?
- War was a card game?
- Baseball cards in the spokes transformed any bike into a motorcycle?
- Water balloons were the ultimate weapon?
Thank you John Usalis for these wonderful memories.