Last week after posting, reading slices, and responding to slices (some might call this procrastinating), I decided it was time to put up the closet organizer we had bought several months ago in Kathy’s closet. She wanted a way to organize her quilts and supplies. We shopped around until we found what she thought would fit the bill. The box sat in the basement a few month until I got the courage to attempt installation. After praying to St. Joseph for help and guidance, he was a carpenter after all, I started. Things went much better that I thought. Thank yo St. Joseph.
The box itself did not seem too intimidating.
Things are so neatly packed. Can I possibly get the pieces back into the box if this doesn’t go well?
This is the space where the organizer will go. I really hate putting holes inte walls, especially if I don’t know what I am doing.
All parts are laid out by letter. Glad I know my ABCs.
Inspector 2 1/2 checks to make sure all parts are as they should be.
Now I was all ready to start. A problem…it seems that the toggle bolt I needed to insert into the wall had to have a 3/16 hole drilled into the wall. The biggest drill bit I had was 1/4 inch. Off to the hardware store, toggle bolt and directions in hand. It seems that the size hole the directions said I needed was nowhere near big enough to accommodate the bolt. I ended up buying a 1/2 inch paddle bit. It was just a hair’s breath smaller, but working the bolt back-and-forth I got it into the wall. I was also luck enough to find four willing studs to attach things to. This should ensure that things won’t come toppling down.
After about an hour here is what I had.
Kathy then took over putting things where she wanted.
Success! Job completed. I even had time left to make lemon bars for the food pantry workers.